Friday, April 24, 2009

Are You Letting Your Light Shine?

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” ~Marianne Williamson
I love this quotation. It encompasses everything that I believe, and yet when it comes to personalizing it, I find it soooo hard to do. Why is it that I am so readily able to assist others with letting their light shine, but I struggle to even recognize that I have a light to offer? I definitely question "who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?" and I often wonder "what is my purpose for being on this planet?" There is nothing that makes me so significant that I "deserve" to be here. I have not cured cancer, saved the dolphins, or created a work of art that touches the very soul of any human being. I just am. But then I think, I have been on this earth for almost 27 years, surely my work is not finished, because as Richard Bach said "Here's the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished. If you're alive, it isn't." So what to do?

Work on learning my purpose, recognizing my light, and doing everything I can to let it shine so bright, people will need to wear shades ;). And to all lights that shine in my life, continue to recognize your power, embrace, and use your gifts, and share your love because we all know you're AWESOME!

No comments: